The news have just broken all over the media which pretty much confirm the transfer of Felipe Anderson to Manchester United.
The news claim that Lazio president Claudio Lotito said: ‘I’ve Sold Felipe Anderson to Manchester United for €60m.’
The star has been linked to Manchester United since last summer but his club kept him until his price went up in the market and also refused to let him go in January so that they can get even more money out of his transfer.
Lazio‘s sporting director Igli Tare discussed the club turning down a €50m move for Anderson from United over the summer:
- “We have to make a complete analysis when making decisions, both on an economic and sporting level.”
- I have seen the transfer activity at other clubs, where they decided to sell some of their valuable assets.
- It happened at Juventus, at Roma, at Inter Milan and at Napoli. They’re examples for us.
- The idea behind our decision not to take €50million for Felipe Anderson was because we wanted to continue our project with the same group after a good season.
- If you make it into the Champions League, your players are worth even more.”