Manchester United will host Stoke City in the Premier League on Tuesday night as they seek revenge against The Potters.
The last fixture between the two teams ended in a 2-0 win for Stoke City.
- Michael Carrick could start for Manchester United after coming off the bench against Derby County in the FA Cup.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger could be out for an extended period after his knee problem turned out worse than first suspected.
- Phil Jones and Matteo Darmian are still unavailable.
- Ashley Young, Marcos Rojo, Antonio Valencia and Luke Shaw are long-term absentees for the Red Devils.
- Defender Marc Wilson is out for Stoke City while a return is unlikely for the former Man United defender and current Stoke City captain Ryan Shawcross.
- Stoke City have lost all their Premier League games against Manchester United at Old Trafford (7).
- Manchester United have won 11 of their 15 Premier League games against Stoke City drawing twice and losing twice.
- Manchester United have lost two of their last four home games (W1, D1) in the league.
- United have scored just 12 goals in their 11 home matches in this season’s Premier League. Only Aston Villa have scored fewer.
- Their total of 28 goals scored in this season’s league is their lowest goal tally at this stage of a league campaign since 1989-90, when they had 27.
- But they have only conceded five goals in those 11 home games, fewer than any other Premier League team – and their total of 11 cleans sheets is the highest in this season’s Premier League.
- Stoke have lost their last two away games in the league – and also lost at Crystal Palace in the FA Cup on Saturday.
- Premier League matches involving Stoke and Manchester United have produced 49 goals this season (an average of 2.13 goals a game). That’s the lowest average in the top flight.
- This will be Mark Hughes‘ 100th Premier League game in charge of Stoke (W37, D26, L36). He has lost on his last eight visits to Old Trafford.
Predicted score: Manchester United 2-1 Stoke City