Manchester United will host Southampton in the Premier League later today as the reds aim to build on the win against Liverpool in their previous match.
The Saints have been in good form as they’ve won their last two games which they played at home.
- Southampton new signing Charlie Austin is in the squad to face Manchester United.
- Jay Rodriguez and Florian Gardos are out while Graziano Pelle is doubtful for Southampton.
- Ashley Young has been added to the injury list of Manchester United while neither Bastian Schweinsteiger nor Phil Jones are ready to return. Carrick is also out.
- Adnan Januzaj is ready to come back after playing and scoring twice for the U21.
Stats & Facts:
- Manchester United have won seven and lost just one of the last 10 Premier League games against Southampton, but that defeat came in Saints’ last visit to Old Trafford.
- Manchester United have won just two of their last six Premier League games at Old Trafford (W2 D3 L1).
- Manchester United have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last eight Premier League games against Southampton.
- Louis van Gaal’s side have scored just one first half goal in their last nine Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
Predicted score: Manchester United 3-1 Southampton