Portuguese manager Jose Mourinho gave the media a chance to ask him a few questions about his future.
Of course one of the questions included a deal between him and Manchester United and if he’s silent because he is on good terms with manager Louis van Gaal as he replied:
- “He (Van Gaal) is my friend, I worked with him for a few years.
- I am always linked with jobs and in the summer I will have a job, but in this moment I can promise you I do not have a contract with any club.
- I have made this exception to speak with you [the media] because I didn’t speak for a long time, but I am going back to the same position.
- The only thing I can say is I don’t have a contract with any club but in the summer I will be back.”
Mourinho was also asked about why he rejected an offer to manage the Syrian national team.
- “They [The Syrian FA] published [the offer] on their website the letter they sent to my agent.
- That one I have to say is true, but I have to say in a very special way we said we were not interested in the job.”
On the other hand, Mourinho refused to admit nor deny any rumors, he simply kept a neutral position with a hint that he’s going to manage in England as he spoke to the press.
- “I am not in a position to deny, I am open to any club, national team, but I have to be honest, if possible, a club.
- I would prefer [to stay England]. I love the country, the football here, my family is very stable and happy.”