Manchester United will host Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on Wednesday night, it will be as important as any match for the Red Devils in the hopes of reaching a top 4 spot by the end of the season.
Louis van Gaal who addressed the media said that there are no more injury concerns for the club.
The Dutchman also refused to deny the importance of Manchester United‘s FA Cup semi final game against Everton, but insisted that he’s not overwhelming himself with it.
- “I always have an eye on the schedule on my team. I have to look if there will be an overload.
- For us this game against Palace is important. We have to win, we need to win.
- We need to win this game more than Arsenal or Manchester City, they have the 4 point gap.
- We can only look at ourselves, we have to win. You can only give pressure by winning
- For me the most important thing is to beat Palace. To speak about the semi final isn’t appropriate.
- I cannot predict (Whether the team will finish in the top 4), you have to win you own games and then you shall see. Our competitors are losing also.
Louis van Gaal also gave an update on Luke Shaw’s condition:
- “He’s very positive, he’s doing great, I cannot deny that so he’s training on the pitch.
- But now he’s training with the physiotherapist and he has to train with the football coach and that still hasn’t happened.”