Louis van Gaal addressed the media ahead of Manchester United’s Premier League home game against Aston Villa on Saturday.
Despite losing 3-0 to Tottenham last week, Manchester United were in a good form recently so a win is highly expected against the team with the lowest points in the league.
Van Gaal confirmed that Ander Herrera is injured and his injury is being assessed to see if it is serious or not.
The Dutchman also said that Luke Shaw is doing great and training with the Physio.
Bastian Schweinsteiger’s injury will most likely keep him out of Manchester United’s remaining fixtures this season.
Wayne Rooney will most probably get more minutes, depending on how the game goes.
Louis van Gaal admits that he is frustrated in the team’s lack of consistency but looks positive towards the Fa Cup win and a top 4 finish.
- “We are in the race for the first four positions in the league and still in the FA Cup, so I’m very happy about that.
- The players, the manager and the staff have been frustrated because we have not been consistent this season.”
- “We have to wait and see. It is fantastic what Marcus has done so far, but you cannot compare him with Ronaldo.
- You can’t compare apples with pears. It is fantastic what he does up to now but you can’t compare.”
Louis van Gaal also refused to give any update about his future at the club.
- “I don’t discuss that with you. You can ask what is happening with me. I don’t discuss it.”