Manchester United forward Juan Mata is not hiding behind any excuses when it comes to the team’s performances.
The Spaniard is publicly in agreement with the Manchester United fans and he simply shares their anger and frustration.
Mata took it to his weekly blog to make sure he says what is on the fans’ minds.
The 27 year old promised the fans that the team will start performing better in the league and are aiming for an FA Cup win.
Here are the main points of what he wrote:
- After several games without being defeated, we lost 0-1 to Southampton in Old Trafford. And it hurts, it really does.
- It was the perfect time to get the three points and stretch the good streak in 2016, but we couldn’t make it.
- It wasn’t a good game from any of the teams, a draw would have been a fair result (although not good enough for us), but a late goal from Austin after a free-kick took the points away from us.
- It’s another tough moment, for you and for us, but we must get through this. I understand your frustration, because we feel the same way, but we have to carry on.
- We feel bad every time we get a bad result, but it hurts even more for you.
- We must get better results for you.
- I thank you for your support in the bad times, and I assure you that our only goal is to do things much better to move up the table in the Premier League and try to lift the FA Cup.
- Thanks to all of you. I’m sure that better moments will come sooner or later, and we will enjoy them much more, aware of how tough it is to get there.”